The Lord Kalms Bursary
The Lord Kalms of Edgware has kindly arranged a bursary for our trust of the sum of £25,000 per annum for the next 4 years. As the original sponsor of Dixons City Academy in 1990, Lord Kalms has always shown a great interest in our trust and its academies. The theatre at Dixons City was named after him in recognition of his financial contributions over the years. He has on a number of occasions hosted visits from Post-16 students who have been lucky enough to dine with him in the House of Lords and to attend Questions to the Prime Minister in the House of Commons. Over the years, he has provided financial support to our students for a variety of activities including:
- volunteering work at a national/international level
- postgraduate academic study e.g. master's degree or diploma
- county or national representation in a sport
- advanced study in the performing arts
To apply for a grant from the bursary you must meet the following criteria:
- You must not be in full time employment.
- Any further academic study must relate to future career aspirations.
- You must be willing to provide a formal written or oral presentation to the college upon completion.
The bursary is available to both past and current students.
For full details about how to apply, visit the Trust website.